Thursday, April 21, 2011

Snicker doodles

Who can resist the warm feeling you get when you eat a wonderful cinnamon-sugar drenched cookie? Yes that's right....I'm talking about snicker doodles. They're so yummy! Maybe I think this because I absolutely love cinnamon. Or maybe it's because they remind me of Christmas, which is my favorite holiday. I guess I kind of miss that time of year now that spring is here. (I rhymed :D) There's just something magical about Christmas; how it brings family together and just makes everybody happy. So, missing the holidays so much, I decided to whip up a batch of these delicious cookies. Here's the recipe:

Snicker doodles:

makes 18 cookies
ingredients:

cookie:
1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

  • cinnamon-sugar mixture:
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
_____________________________________________________________
directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cream together butter, shortening, 3/4 cups sugar, the egg and the vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Once the butter mixture has been creamed, mix in the flour mixture. Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough and shape them into balls. In another bowl, mix the sugar and the cinnamon. Roll the dough balls into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place the dough balls 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or golden brown. Remove from the baking sheets and let cool.



This recipe is super simple and takes only 15 minutes to prepare. They're absolutely delicious straight from the oven.....but I suggest you don't eat them when they're scorching hot. You must have will power and wait for them to cool for at least 5 minutes. Trust me, they're worth the wait. 

Happy Baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment